Corporate, Capital Markets & Compliance
Ünsal Law is an outstanding team of professionals licensed as Advanced Capital Market Operations Specialists and Corporate Governance Rating Specialists. We meticulously pursue corporate governance and corporate maintenance necessities of our clients. Our vast experience, in-depth knowledge and precise methodology ensure that our clients are fully aware of and compliant with the capital markets and corporate regulations of relatively more challenging jurisdictions.
Our Corporate, Capital Markets & Compliance practice involves IPOs, securities practices, securities fraud, derivative securities and transactions, advice on compliance with Capital Market regulations and requirements, fiduciary duties and responsibilities, incorporation, liquidation, corporate restructuring, crisis management, investor relations, insider investigation, FCPA, UK Bribery Act and anti-bribery requirements and practice, white collar crime, employment and benefit practices, international trade restrictions, and other relevant matters.
Corporate Secretarial Services
Board of Directors resolutions are very important for both privately held and listed companies. Especially after the new Turkish Commercial Code has been in force and with the new Regulations of the Turkish Capital Markets Board, it has become a must for the companies to receive reliable corporate secretarial legal assistance.
Ünsal Law governance team works with boards of directors and senior executives to improve governance profile in line with strategic needs of their clients, international best practices and local legal requirements.
- Acting as independent board members, advising on board composition, and facilitating inter-member relationship management
- Fiduciary duties of the board and executive officers
- Drafting policies for the board and committees
- Compliance requirements in relation to related party and material transactions
- Corporate Governance Compliance report and other disclosure requirements
- Improvement of board effectiveness through formal board performance evaluation
- Fulfilling legal requirements for electronic and conventional ordinary and extra-ordinary shareholders’ general assembly meetings
Family Business Governance
We work with an intersection of family relationships, business and financial rights and responsibilities and translate them into a solid governance system.
- Family constitution, shareholders agreement, and related legal arrangements
- Mediation at family retreats and meetings of governing bodies
- Legal advice and assistance to device necessary structures for preserving family wealth
Combining its legal expertise with outstanding financial communication skills, Ünsal Law assists their clients in improving effectiveness of communication with capital market players, including individual and institutional, current and potential investors.
- Development of public disclosure policy
- Advice on possible disclosure requirements of board resolutions
- Assistance in addressing investor queries, drafting of public disclosure forms
- Preparing for the general assembly including the necessary applications, meeting agenda and organization of the physical and electronic meeting
- Representation of international investors in the general assembly meetings